B2B Content marketing? Challenge accepted!
B2B brands must face a more challenging content marketing strategy in comparison to consumer brands. As Lee Traupel says in Huffingtonpost, founder and digital strategist in Linked Media Group, B2B content need to resonate on a deeper level with the target market, they require greater perceptivity, more effort and investments.
Such hard work should be assisted. Here are the best practices for B2B content marketers according to Lee Traupel:
- set benchmarks in the beginning
- move forward, don’t get stuck in place
- engage the whole organization, no matter whether it is fifteen or fifty people – good ideas for content come in various shapes and sizes: sales, customer service, executive personnel…
- “borrow” from others and remember about newsjacking – using important cultural and social news for marketing goals (real time marketing)
- combine and mix short forms (post below 300 words on your blog, photos, videos) with longer content ‘evergreens’ of high quality (you’ll find white papers, tutorials and other use here)
- recycle! Content marketing is expensive, so find new tasks for existing content and refresh popular article, to make a good use of the costs you had to make. For this reason it is worth focusing on tutorials and hints, because they will be valid for long. Not sure how to use content? View this presentation.